Scientist G (Advisor)Dr. ARUN NINAWE
Dr. Arun Ninawe is currently working as Scientist G (Advisor) at Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, New Delhi. previously he provided his services as Vice-chancellor (On deputation) at Maharashtra Animal & Fishery Sci. University, Seminary Hills, Nagpur (2007-2010) and during the tenure, filled up more than 600 academic and non-academic posts to fulfil the minimum requirement of VCI and ICAR. He authored and co-authored 52 research papers in national and international journals and published 10 books, 15 book chapters, 7 editorial assistance/reports, 97 popular articles and 30 abstracts and proccedings.Area of Interest :
BiotechnologyAcademic Information :
Ph.D. (1989) --- Marine Sciences
|International Research Journal of Animal and Veterinary Sciences||Editor-in-Chief|
- A. Ninawe and S. Banik. Chitinolytic bacteria in Penaeus indicus. J. Aqua. Trop. 2 (1987) pp.89-92.
- S. Banik and A. Ninawe. Phosphate solubilising microorganisms and sediments of a tropical estuary and the adjacent coastal Arabian Sea in relation to their physicochemical properties. J. Indian Soc. Coastal Agric. Res. (6) 75-85, 1988.
- A. Ninawe and S. Banik. Sulphate Reducing Bacteria in South West Coastal Aquaculture System of India. J. Indian Soc. Coastal Agric Res. 6(2), 163-169, 1988.
- S. Banik and A. Ninawe. Diazotrophic activity and ferric phosphate mineralising ability in estuarine co-frie reducing bacteria, Indian J. Mar. Sci., Vol. 18, December, 1989, pp. 238-241
- A. Ninawe. Studies on certain nitrogen cycle bacteria in prawn culture fields of Kerala. C.M.F.R.I. Special Publ., No., 56 pp. 57-65, 1993.
- S.N. Dwivedi & A.S. Ninawe. Employment generation in tribal areas through aquaculture technologies and fishery estates. J. Inland Fish. Soc. India, 23(2), 1991. Pp. 33-38.
- Ninawe A.S. and R. Paul Raj. Effect of salinity on the growth and nitrogen fixation of Azotobacter chroococcum. Journal of Aquaculture, 3 (1995), pp. 55-59.
- Ninawe A.S. & R. Paulraj. Effect of pH on growth and nitrogen fixation of Azotobacter Spp., J. Aqua, 5 (1997): 23-29.
- Ninawe, A.S. Application of fish growth hormones in Pisciculture, Intensive Agriculture, March-April, 1996, pp. 29-31.
- Ninawe A.S. Water quality Monitoring Instrument for Aquaculture, Agriculture Extension Rev.
- Ninawe, A. S. & R. Paulraj. Effect of salinity on the growth and nitrogen fixation of Azotobacter vinelandii. Journal Aquaculture 4 (1996), pp. 63-67.
- Ninawe, A.S. Farming for the future, a Special publication on World Food Day. Intensive Agriculture, Sept.-Oct.’1997, pp. 8-13.
- Ninawe, A.S. India turns to inland resources. Fish farmers (UK), Sept./Oct. 1998, pp.18-19
- Ninawe, A.S. Need to promote sewage fed fish culture as co-friendly production technology. Indian Journal of Environment & Ecoplanning, Vol.2 (1), April’ 1999, pp. 75-82.
- Ninawe, A.S. Aquaculture to alleviate malnutrition and poverty- A Special publication on World Food Day, Intensive Agriculture, September-October, 1999, pp.6-25.
- Ninawe, A.S. Biotechnology challenges in agriculture and allied sector to feed the billion mouths- A special publication on World Food Day, Intensive Agriculture, and September- October, 2000, pp. 23- 27.
- Ninawe, A.S. Effect of Pollution on inland and coastal eco-system and their impact on fishery resources. Indian Journal of Environ. And Ecoplanning. Vol. 3 (2), 2000.
- Ninawe, A.S. Aquatic Resources towards Sustainable Fishery Development and Food Security, a Special publication on World Food Day, Intensive Agriculture, September—October 2002, pp. 17-34.
- Ninawe, A. S., R. Paul Raj. Effect of Salinity on the Growth and Nitrogen Fixation of Azotobacter Beijerinckii, J. Aqua, Vol 11, 2003, pp. 7-17
- Ninawe, A. S.Biotech Promotion Policy and Technology Transfer Issues: Evidences from Aquaculture and Marine Biotechnology, Asian Biotechnology and development Review, 8 (3): 17-33, July 2006
- Ninawe A.S. and Selvin J. Probiotics In Shrimp Aquaculture: Avenues and Challenges. Critical Reviews in Microbiology, 2009; 35(1): 43–66
- Selvin J, A.S. Ninawe, G. Seghal Kiran, A.P. Lipton. Sponge-Microbial Interaction: Ecological Implications & Bio prospecting Avenues. Critical Reviews Microbiology, 2010, Vol. 36, No. 1 , pp- 82-90
- A. S. Ninawe Yogendra Prasad, Dinesh Kumar, Arvind K. Sharma and D. Nisha. Isolation and efficacy characterization of lytic bacteriophages against antibiotic resistant Pseudomonas fluorescens from SUB – Himalayan region Biochem. Cell. Arch. Vol. 10 (1), pp. 21-29-2010
- Sana K. M. Patel, S. T. Indulkar R. Pai and A. S. Ninawe. Acute toxicity bioassay and tissue biochemical changes on sub-lethal exposure to the organo-phosphorus pesticide ‘Phorate 10G’ in the freshwater fish Lebeo rohita (Hamilton 1822) – Indian J. Fish. 62 (3); pp-133-136, 2015”
- Snehal. S. Lokhande, A. D. Adsul, S. T. Indulkar and A. S. Ninawe. Seasonal Variations of Molluscs of Mirya Sandy Shore, Ratnagiri – Published in “Indian Journal of Geo-Marine Science” Vol. 43 (11), November 2014, pp.1790-1795
- A. S. Ninawe and T. Indulkar. Intellectual Property Rights and Innovation in Marine Biotechnology – RIS- Asian Biotechnology and Development Review, Vol. 19 (1); pp-31-49
- Pushpangadan, P, GeorgeV, Sreedevi P, Ijinu TP & Ninawe A. Ethnozoological knowledge of Indian scheduled tribe, scheduled caste and rural communities – Published in Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge - Vol. 13 (4), October 2014, pp. 735-741
- Purushottam, K. Swarnalakshmi, P.R. Saabale and A. S. Ninawe. On-farm demonstration of Trichoderma harzianum in pulse corps under rainfed conditions of Bundelkhand – A case study-Published in Indian Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences-ISSN: 2319-7706; Vol.3 (11) November, 2014; pp.471-478
- Ninawe, A. S. Aquaculture & Marine Biotechnology Programme In India – Published in International Journal of Current Research- Vol. 7, Issue, 11, pp.- 22127-22130, November, 2015
- Naresh Sahebrao Nagpure Akhilesh Kr. Mishra, A. S. Ninawe, Avinash Rasal, Akhilesh Dubey, Amit Kumar, M. Goswami, Ravindra Kumar, J. K. Jena. Molecular and Cytogenetic Characterization of Fish Cell Lines and its Application in Aquatic Research – National Academy Science Letters - pp 1-6, January 2015; Short Communication
- P. Pushpangadan, V. Geroge, P. Sreedevi, A. J. Bincy, S. Anzar, T. Aswan. A.S. Ninawe and T.P. Ijinu. Functional foods and nutraceuticals with special focus on mother and child care – Annals of Phytomedicine 3 (1): 4-24, 2014-ISSN 2278-9839, 2014
- Sana K. M. Patel, S. T. Indulkar and A. S. Ninawe. Toxic Effect of phorate-10G pesticide on survival of fingerlings of catla catla (Ham. 1822) – Giobios Vol. 41 (1), 2014 p-3-7
- Bronson Kumar Khangembam, A S Ninawe; & Rina Chakrabarti. Effect of cortisol and triiodothyronine bath treatments on the digestive enzyme profile and growth of Catla catla larvae during ontogeni Development - Aquaculture Research, 2016, 1–13
- A. S. Ninawe, A. S. Sahul Hameed & J. Selvin Advancements in diagnosis and control measures of viral pathogens in aquaculture: an Indian perspective ; Journal Aquaculture International; 2016; 25 (1), pp-251-264
- Sudip K. Mohanta, Subrat K. Swain, Sofia P. Das, Amrita Bit, Gargee Das, Sanghamitra Pradhan, Jitendra K. Sundaray, P. Jayasankar, A. S. Ninawe & Paramananda Das Complete mitochondrial genome sequence of E.suratensis revealed by next generation sequencing ; Mitochondrial DNA Part B Resources, Taylor & Francis Online, 2016 VOL. 1, NO. 1, 746–747; ISSN: 2380-2359.
- Indulkar S T and A S Ninawe. Indigenous method for freshwater prawn juvenile collection by the tribal community Katkari of Thane district, Maharashtra; Journal of Fisheries and Life Sciences; 2016; Vol 1(1) ; Pp 20-23.
- Swapnil S. Ghatge, Sachin W. Belsare and A. S. Ninawe. Biodiversity and conservation aspects of endemic freshwater fish fauna of Maharashtra ; Journal of Natural Resource and Development-(2016) 11 (2) pp-1-9.
- N. Gaurav, S. Sivasankari, GS Kiran, A. Ninawe, J. Selvin. Utilization of bioresources for sustainable biofuels: A Review ; Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 73 (2017) pp-205–214
- N. Dinkar , A. K. Sharma , A. S. Ninawe and Y. Prasad. Molecular characterization of lytic phages specific to antibiotic resistant isolates of infecting and of Sub Himalayan region Pseudomonas fluorescens Labeo rohita Clarias batrachus; (2017); Journal of Environmental Biology; ISSN: 0254-8704; Vol.37; pp-353-360
- Kiran Dashrath Rasal, Chakrapani v., Swagat Kumar Patra, Arun S. Ninawe, Jitendra Kumar Sundaray, Pallipuram Jayasankar and Hirak Barman. Status of Transgenic Fish Production with Emphasis on Development of Food Fishes and Novel Color Varieties of Ornamental Fish: Implication and Future Perspectives (2016); Journal of FisheriesSciences.com 10(3); pp- 52-65.
- Hirak Kumar Barman, Kiran Dashrath Rasal, Vemulawada Chakrapani, A. S. Ninawe, Doyil T. Vengayil, Syed Asrafuzzaman, Jitendra K. Sundaray, Pallipuram Jayasankar. Gene editing tools: state-of-the-art and the road ahead for the model and non-model fishes (2017) Transgenic Res: DOI 10.1007/s11248-017-0030-5: Springer International Publishing.
- Dr. A. S. Ninawe. Excellence in higher education and research in India (2017); International Journal of Advanced Educational Research ; Volume 2; Issue 5; September 2017; Page No. 41-46
- A. S. Ninawe. Roadmap for the Delivery of Cancer Care in Rural India (2017); ARC Journal of Cancer Science; Volume 3, Issue 1, 2017, PP 29-33; ISSN 2455-6009.
- Swapnil S. Ghatge, Sachin W. Belsare; Shrikant S. Jadhav and A. S. Ninawe. Fish Diversity of Telangkhedi Lake, Nagpur; Journal of Natural Resource and Development-(2017) 12 (2) pp-81-84 .
- Seghal Kiran, Pasiyappazham Ramasamy, Sivasankari Sekar, Saquib Hasan, Arun Shivnath Ninawe, Joseph Selvin. Synthetic biology approaches: Towards sustainable exploitation of marine bioactive molecules; International journal of biological macromolecules ; DOI: 10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2018.01.149.
- A. S. Ninawe & S. T. Indulkar. Patenting applications in Marine Sciences and Biotechnology; Asian Biotechnology and Development Review (2017); Vol. 19 (1) pp-1-28.
- Waykar Bhalchandra, Yahya Ali Alqadhi, A. S. Ninawe. Ameliorative role of bee honey and royal jelly against cisplatin induced alteration in hematological parameters in male wister albino rat ; International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences; (2018); ISSN- 0975-1491; Vol 10, Issue 4, 2018.
- Gaurav Ninawe and A. S. Ninawe. Algal bio-fuel as an alternative for the future of automobile industries in India (2017); The Allahabad Farmer, Vol. LXXIII, No. 2, October - December, 2017; pp-57-61.
- A. S. Ninawe and T. S. Swapna. Orchid diversity of Northeast India- Traditional knowledge and strategic plan for conservation (2017); J. Orchid Soc. India. 31; 41-56.
- G. Seghal Kiran, Sivasankari Sekar, Pasiyappazham Ramasamy, Thangadurai Thinesh, Saqib Hassan, Anuj Nishanth Lipton, A.S. Ninawe, Joseph Selvin. Marine sponge microbial association: Towards disclosing unique symbiotic interactions (2018) Marine Environmental Research xxx (2018) xxx-xxx; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marenvres.2018.04.017
- A.D. Diwan, A.S. Ninawe and S.N. Harke. Gene editing (CRISPR-Cas) technology and fisheries sector (2017); Canadian Journal of Biotechnology 1(2): pp-65-72; https://doi.org/10.24870/cjb.2017-000108
- Aquaculture: Feed and Health’, 2000, (Eds. John G. and A.S. Ninawe) published by Biotech Consortium India Ltd, New Delhi
- ‘Biotechnology: Emerging Trends’, 2003, (Eds. Joseph S., Ninawe A.S., Sugunan V.S., Sukumaran N. and A.P. Lipton) published by Biotech Books, New Delhi.
- ‘Women Empowerment through Fisheries’, 2005, (Eds. Ninawe A.S. and A.D. Diwan) Narendra Publishers, New Delhi.
- Fish Processing Technology and Product Development’, 2007, (Eds. Ninawe A.S. and K. Rathnakumar) Narendra Publishers, New Delhi.
- ‘Nutrition in Aquaculture’ 2009 (Eds. Ninawe A. S. and G. D. Khedkar)
- Shrimp disease Management: prospective approaches, ANE Publishers, New Delhi, India, pp. 281 2009 (Eds .Joseph Selvin, A.S.Ninawe and A.P.Lipton)
- Advances in Marine Biotechnology, 2013 (Eds. A. S. Ninawe, Joseph Selvin and G. Seghal Kiran) published by Lambert Academic Publishing, GmbH & Co. KG, Deutschland, Germany
- Aquariculture Biotechnology, 2014 (Eds. S. Felix and A. S. Ninawe)- Published By : Daya Publishing House, New Delhi
- Aquaculture for Nutritional and Livelihood Security, 2017 (Eds. A. S. Ninawe, J. R. Dhanze and Rani Dhanze) – Published by: Narendra Publishing House, New Delhi
- Krishi Tatha Paryavaran me Jaiv Prodhyogiki ki Upadeyta (Eds. Dr. Hemlata Pant and Dr. A. S. Ninawe) published by Society for Biological Sciences & Rural Development, Allahabad (2017).
- Dwivedi S.N. and Ninawe A.S. Freshwater Resource utilisation for production, employment and social benefits, pp. 22-33. In: Advances in Fisheries and Fish Production, Vol. 2 (Ed. S.H. Ahmad), 309pp
- Ninawe, A.S. Biotechnological and Ecological approaches for conservation of fish species, 1998, p. 343-349. In: Fish Genetics and bio-diversity Conservation (Eds. A.G. Ponniah, P. Das and S.R. Varma), Published by Nature Conservators Muzaffarnagar, India.
- Ninawe, A.S. Utilisation of biological waste in fish farming In: Ecotechnology for pollution control and environmental management (Eds. R.K. Trivedy and Arvind Kumar) pp. 101-108, 1998. Published by Enviro Media, Karad
- Ninawe, A.S. Biotechnological approaches for utilization of marine resources and utilization– Trends in Marine Biotechnology-ICAS Publ. No. 2, 2000.
- Ninawe, A.S. Potential aquafarming technologies for adoption in rural and coastal areas. In: Coldwater Fish Genetic Resources and Their Conservation. Nature Conservator Publication-07, 2002, pp 47-56
- Ninawe, A.S. Conservation and Monitoring of Coastal and Inland Areas for Fisheries and Aquaculture in ‘Modern Trends in Environmental Biology’ (ed: G. Tripathi). CBS Publishers & Distributors, New Delhi, pp 47- 57, 2002.
- Ninawe, A.S. Environmental Sustainability in Brackishwater Shrimp Aquafarming in ‘Modern Trends in Environmental Biology’ (ed: G. Tripathi). CBS Publishers & Distributors, New Delhi, pp 367-377, 2002.
- Samir Bhattacharya, A. S. Ninawe and S. Natesh. A New Horizon in Aquaculture and Marine Biotechnology Research p. 67-68. In: Deep Roots, Open Skies, New Biology in India (Eds. Sandip K. Basu, Janendra K. Batra and Dinakar M. Salunke) Published by Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi
- G. D. Khedkar., A. S. Ninawe. Some Consideration on Genetically Modified Organisms and Aquatic Biodiversity, 2007, p.p. 117-131. In: Sustainable Environmental Management (Ed. Dr. L. V. Gangawane and Dr. V. C. Khilare), Published by Daya Publishing House, Delhi
- A.S. Ninawe, V.C. Khilare & G.D. Khedkar. Environmental Pollution, Industrialization and deforestation. In Environmental Biotechnology and Sustainable Biodiversity, pages-1-41. Edited by: Sanjay Harke, B.N. Pandey and A.D. Diwan), Narendra Publishing House, Delhi, 2010
- Joseph Selvin, A.S. Ninawe, G. Seghal Kiran, S. Arya, S. Priyadharshini. Insights into Marine Microbes, Seaweeds, and Marine Sponges as Potential Sources of Drug Discovery; pp- 3-13; Section 1, Chapter 1 in Bioactive Marine Natural Products in Marine Microorganisms Extraction and Analysis of Bioactive Compounds; Book Edited by: Leo M. L. Nollet, University College Ghent, Belgium, Published by: Taylor and Francis Group, 2016.
- P. S. Lonkar, A. S. Ninawe and Ajit Maru. “Techmode Approach for Distance Learning Courses for Field Veterinarians”: (2011) (Eds.) Information and Communication Technology for Agriculture and Rural Development, New India Publishing Agency (NIPA), New Delhi: pp-265-271
- A. S. Ninawe, S. T. Indulkar. Agribusiness Management, policy perspectives and challenges with special reference to the fisheries development in Maharashtra, India; In Technological Innovation and Agriculture and Rural Development; pp-138-154; Book Edited by Hemlata pant, Manoj Kumar Singh, Mukesh Pati and Babita Chaudhary; Published by Society of Biological Sciences and Rural Development, 2017
- A. S. Ninawe. Contribution of Path Breaking women scientists in Research and Education (2018); New Approaches in Agricultural, Environmental and Nutritional Technology; pp-1-3; Book Eds.: Hemlata Pant, D. K. Srivastava, Preeti Singh, Devendra Swaroop, Kamlesh Singh; Published by Society for Biological Sciences & Rural Development, Allahabad, 2018: pp-231.
- DBT Newsletter on ‘Aquaculture Development Programme’: special emphasis July 2003.
- Technology development compendium on ‘Aquaculture and Marine Biotechnology’.
- Research Highlights (2000-2009).
- Self Study Report for Accreditation.
- Compendium on “Outcome of DBT Sponsored Projects in Aquaculture & Marine Biotechnology”; 1998-2010 (Year-2012)
- Publication on Fish Cell Line Development in India (Year-2013)
- Compendium on “Outcome of DBT Sponsored Projects in Aquaculture & Marine Biotechnology Task Force; 2010-2014 (Year-2015)