Dr Fahim Aziz El-Dein Mohamed Shaltout is currently working as Professor of Meat Hygiene, Department of Food Control, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Moshtohor, Benha University, Egypt. He completed his PhD in 1996 in Meat Hygiene from Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Moshtohor, Zagazig University, Benha University, Egypt. He published 40 articles in national and international journals and presented number of articles in conferences. He is active member of Egyptian Organization for Standardization, Egyptian Society for Food Inspection, African Society for Mutagens, Egyptian Association for Food Microbiology, Egyptian Veterinary Medical Association, Egyptian organization for Quality promoting committee (102 B) food hygiene and animal feed and serving as Editorial Board Member to many Journals. He supervised thesis of 46 M.V.Sc. and Ph.D. students.Area of Interest :
Food Microbiology, Food Chemistry, Meat Hygiene, Food Safety, Chemical Residues in Food, Meat Technology, and Mycotoxins in FoodAcademic Information :
Ph.D. (1996) --- Meat Hygiene
|International Research Journal of Food and Nutrition||Editorial Board Member|
- Shaltout,F.A. and Daoud, J. R.(1996). Chemical analytical studies on rabbit meat and liver. Benha Vet. Med.J.8 (2):17-27.
- Hassan, M.A and Shaltout, F.A. (1997). Occurrence of Some Food Poisoning Microorganisms In Rabbit Carcasses Alex. J. Vet. Science, 13(1):55-61.
- Shaltout,F.A. and Ibrahim, H.M.(1997). Quality evaluation of luncheon and Alexandrian sausage. Benha Vet. Med.J.10 (1):1-10.
- Saad, S.M and Shaltout, F.A.(1998). Mycological Evaluation of camel carcasses at Kalyobia Abattoirs. Vet. Med. J. Giza,46(3):223-229.
- Shaltout, F.A. (1998). Proteolytic Psychrotrophes in Some Meat products. Alex. Vet. Med. J.14 (2):97-107.
- Shaltout, F.A.(1999). Anaerobic Bacteria in Vacuum Packed Meat Products. Benha Vet. Med.J.10 (1):1-10.
- Shaltout, F.A. and Edris, A.M. (1999). Contamination of shawerma with pathogenic yeasts. Assiut Veterinary Medical Journal,40(64):34-39.
- Shaltout,F.A.(2000). Protozoal Foodborne Pathogens in some Meat Products. Assiut Vet. Med. J. 42 (84):54-59.
- Shaltout,F.A. and Salem, R.M.(2000). Moulds, aflatoxin B1 and Ochratoxin A in Frozen Livers and meat products. Vet . Med. J.Giza 48(3):341-346.
- Shaltout,F.A.(2001). Quality evaluation of sheep carcasses slaughtered at Kalyobia abattoirs. Assiut Veterinary Medical Journal, 46(91):150-159.
- Shaltout, F.A.; Ghoneim, A.M.; Essmail, M.E. and Yousseif,A. (2001). Studies on aflatoxin B1 residues in rabbits and their pathological effects. J.Egypt. Vet. Med. Association 61(2):85-103.
- Shaltout, F.A. (2002). Microbiological Aspects of Semi-cooked Chicken Meat Products. Benha Vet.Med.J. 13(2):15-26.
- Shaltout, F.A. and Hashim, M.F. (2002). Histamine in salted, Smoked and Canned Fish products. Benha Vet. Med.J.13 (1):1-11.
- Shaltout, F.A. and Hanan ,M.T. El-Lawendy (2003). Heavy Metal Residues in Shawerma. Beni-Suef Vet. Med. J. 13(1):213-224.
- Hassan, M.A and Shaltout, F.A. (2004). Comparative Study on Storage Stability of Beef, Chicken meat, and Fish at Chilling Temperature. Alex. J. Vet. Science, 20(21):21-30.
- Shaltout,F.A. and Abdel Aziz ,A.M.(2004). Salmonella enterica Serovar Enteritidis in Poultry Meat and their Epidemiology. Vet. Med. J., Giza, 52(3):429-436.
- Shaltout,F.A. and Abdel Aziz ,A.M.(2004). Escherichia Coli Strains In Slaughtered Animals And Their Public Health Importence J. Egypt. Vet. Med. Association 64(2):7-21.
- Edris, A.M.; Shaltout, F.A. and Abd Allah, A.M. (2005). Incidence of Bacillus cereus in some meat products and the effect of cooking on its survival Zag. Vet. J.33 (2):118-124
- Edris, A.M.; Shaltout, F.A. and Arab, W.S. (2005). Bacterial Evaluation of Quail Meat Benha Vet. Med.J.16 (1):1-14.
- Edris A.M.; Hemmat M. I., Shaltout F.A.; Elshater M.A., Eman F.M.I. (2012). Study On Incipient Spoilage Of Chilled Chicken Cuts-Up, Benha Veterinary Medical Journal, Vol. 23, No. 1, June 2012: 81-86
- Edris A.M.; Hemmat M.I.; Shaltout F.A.; Elshater M.A., Eman, F.M.I. (2012). Chemical Analysis Of Chicken Meat With Relation To Its Quality. Benha Veterinary Medical Journal, 23( 1): 87-92.
- Saad, S.M.; Edris, A.M.; Shaltout, F.A. and Edris, Shimaa (2012). Isolation and identification of salmonellae and E.coli from meat and poultry cuts by using A. multiplex PCR. Benha Vet. Med.J.special issue 16-26
- Shaltout, F.A. and Afify , Jehan Riad, EM and Abo Elhasan , Asmaa, A.(2012). Improvement of microbiological status of oriental sausage. Journal of Egyptian Veterinary Medical Association 72(2):157-167.
- Edris ,A.M., Hassan,M.A., Shaltout,F.A. and Elhosseiny, S. (2013). Chemical evaluation of cattle and camel meat. Benha Veterinary Medical Journal, 24( 2): 191-197
- Shaltout,F.A., Amani M. Salem, A. H. Mahmoud, K. A(2013). Bacterial aspect of cooked meat and offal at street vendors level. Benha veterinary medical journal Vol. 24, no. 1 (Jun 2013), p. 320-328.
- Edris , A.M., Hassan,M.A., Shaltout,F.A. and Elhosseiny, S. (2013): Detection of E.coli and Salmonella organisms in cattle and camel meat(2013). Benha Veterinary Medical Journal, 24( 2): 198-204.
- Hassan, M.A ; Shaltout, F.A.; Arafa, M.M.; Mansour , A.H. and Saudi , K.R.(2013). Bacteriological studies on rabbit meat related to sime diseases. Benha Vet. Med.J.25 (1):94-99.
- Hassanin, Faten S. Shaltout,F.A. and , Mostafa E.M(2013). Parasitic affections in edible offal. Benha Vet. Med.J.25 (2):34-39.
- Hassan, M.A; Shaltout, F.A.; Arafa, M.M.; Mansour , A.H. and Saudi , K.R.(2013). Biochemical studies on rabbit meat related to sime diseases. Benha Vet. Med.J.25 (1):88-93.
- Hassan, M.A; Shaltout, F.A.; Maarouf, A.A. and El-Shafey, W.S.(2014). Psychrotrophic bacteria in frozen fish with special reference to pseudomonas species. Benha Vet. Med.J.27 (1):78-83.
- Shaltout, F.A.; Nassif, M and Shakran , A. (2014). Quality of battered and breaded chicken meat products. Global Journal of Agriculture and Food Safety Science – 1(2).
- Shaltout, F.A., Amin, Reham, Marionet, Z., Nassif and Shimaa, Abdel-wahab( 2014). Detection of aflatoxins in some meat products. Benha veterinary medical journal, 27( 2) :368-374.
- Shaltout, F. A.; Gerges, M.T. and Shewail, A.A. (2014). Impact of Organic Acids and Their Salts on Microbial Quality and Shelf Life of Beef. Global Journal of Agriculture and Food Safety Science 1(2): 360-370.
- Shaltout, F. A.; Elshater, M. and Wafaa, Abdelaziz (2015). Bacteriological assessment of street vended meat products sandwiches in Kalyobia Governorate. Benha Vet. Med.J.28 (2):58-66.
- Shaltout, F.A. ; Hashim,M.F. and Elnahas,s.(2015). Levels of some heavy metals in fish (tilapia nilotica and Claris lazera) at Menufia Governorate. Benha Vet. Med.J.29 (1):56-64.
- Shaltout, F.A.; Eldiasty, E.; Salem, R. and Hassan, Asmaa (2016). Mycological quality of chicken carcasses and extending shelf – life by using preservatives at refrigerated storage. Veterinary Medical Journal -Giza (VMJG)62(3)1-7.
- Shaltout, F.A.; Salem, R. Eldiasty, E.; and Diab, Fatema (2016). Mycological evaluation of some ready to eat meat products with special reference to molecular chacterization: Veterinary Medical Journal -Giza (VMJG)62(3)9-14.
- Edris AA, Fatin Said Hassanien, Fahim Aziz Eldin Shaltout, Azza H Elbaba and Nairoz M Adel (2017). Microbiological Evaluation of Some Heat Treated Fish Products in Egyptian Markets. EC Nutrition 12.3 (2017): 124-132.
- Shaltout FA, Thabet MG and Koura HA(2018). Impact of Some Essential Oils on the Quality Aspect and Shelf Life of Meat. Journal of Nutrition & Food Sciences 7(6): 1-7
- Shaltout FA, Zakaria IM and Nabil ME. (2018). Incidence of Some Anaerobic Bacteria Isolated from Chicken Meat Products with Special Reference to Clostridium perfringens. Nutrition and Food Toxicology, 2(5):429-438.